Our mission as the business enablers is to facilitate high-quality teaching, learning and research for the community, through reliable, effective, secure, accessible and scalable IT solutions.
Our vision is to be GU-Q’s trusted technology partner helping our community excel.
We offer a wide range of IT services to students, faculty and staff. Our primary functions include the operations of:
- The IT helpdesk user support, to help you with all your IT incidents and requests
- The classrooms audio visual technologies, to ensure non-disruptive delivery of online/hybrid/in-class teaching
- Faculty training in the use of technology in the classrooms for in-person and hybrid teaching
- Supporting teaching and learning strategies
- Business and collaboration applications, such as, Zoom, Google Apps, etc.
- IT infrastructure and security, to ensure you have secure and non-disruptive connectivity to the information resources
- If you require IT or AV support, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +974 4457 8130. In addition, you can register an issue or submit a request by accessing the IT Help Center Website. We are available 8:00 A.M. – 5:30 P.M. Sunday to Thursday.
- We are located in the Georgetown University Qatar Humanitarium building, on the Lower Ground Floor, Room LE09.
- Faculty can contact AV Support via email email@example.com to book a classrooms tech training session. In addition, faculty can view the video content here that includes ‘How to’ short video tutorials.
- For technical help with Canvas, faculty can seek support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org during the DC business hours or call the dedicated 24/7 support line at +1 833 476 1171 or open a live chat request from within Canvas.
- For resources and assistance with online teaching, faculty should consult the University’s Instructional Continuity website or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.