Printing, Photocopying and Scanning
Georgetown University in Qatar provides secure Print, Photocopy and Scan using your NetID or GU-Q ID card. To get started, you must register your GU-Q ID card on the printer and install the printers onto your computer. It is important to complete the printer setup in the order listed below.
Step 1 Full instructions on How to register your GU-Q ID card.
Step 2 Full instructions on How to install the printers: Windows 10 users and for Mac OS X users.
Please note: When you first use a RICOH Multi-Function Device (MFD) Printer, you MUST register with your GU-Q ID card – This is required once only.
1) At the RICOH Printer, swipe the card on the RF reader located on the right side using your GU-Q ID card.
2) This is the screen to register your card. Press on the User ID blank field marked in red
3) Type your NetID and press OK.
4) Press on the Blank password field.
5) Type your “password” and Press “OK”.
Note: press the “Shift” button for upper case and special character.
6) Press the “Login” to enter into the menu. Please wait while the system confirms your credentials.
Note: If you get account failed message then type your password again and check your NetID.
7) A successful login will enter into the main “Launcher” menu.
8) Swipe your GU-Q card on the card reader to Logout from the printer.
In order to install the printers and print, you must be in the Georgetown Building, and your Windows 11 laptop must be on “Eduroam” Wi-Fi Network.
1) In the search bar , please type
2) Login window will pop-up, please type your Georgetown credentials, NetID and password, as in the screenshot. Do not forget to check the box “remember my credentials”. Click OK
3) The following window will open and all the available GUQ printers will be visible. As Windows 10 user, you need to install two of them, one color and one black&white.
Double click on “SecurePcClr” to install the printer driver, it will take few minutes to complete.
Double click on “SecurePcBW” to install the printer driver, it will take few minutes to complete.
4) When done, please check that the printers are installed correctly.
In order to install the printers and print, you must be in the Georgetown Building, and your Mac on “Edoroam” Wi-Fi network.
First you must download and install the RICOH printer driver for you Mac, please click here to download the installation file.
1) Click on “Apple” logo on the top left and after on “system preferences”
2) Open “Printers & Scanners”
3) Click on the plus sign.
4) Now press “Ctrl” and click on the empty space highlighted in red.
5) Choose “Customize Toolbar”.
6) Drag “Advanced” settings and drop it in to the empty area colored in red.
7) Now, please click on Advanced and select “Windows printer via spoolss” from the “Type” drop down menu.
8) In the URL field, type smb://rome.guq.meiq.qatar.georgetown.edu/SecureMacBW .
9) In the field Name type “SecureMacBW” . In the “Use” drop down menu click on “Select Software”
10) In search type 4504 and select “RICOH MP C4504 PS” driver. Click on OK
11) Finally, click “Add” to install the printer.
12) Let’s add a second printer, this time the one for color printing. Click again on plus sign to add another printer.
Click on “Advanced” and select “Windows printer via spoolss” from the “Type” drop down menu.
13) In the URL field type
a) In the Name filed type “SecureMacClr”.
b) Select “RICOH MP C4504 PS” using the search and click on Add .
14) Verify that both printers are installed.
15) When you print the first time, you will be asked to type your GU-Q credentials. Please, also remember to check the option “Remember this password in my keychain”.